Top Three Reasons Why Installing Gutters In Your New House Is A Must
Gutters play a very important role in your house as they collect the rainwater from your roof and direct it away from your house. This way the foundation of your house remains protected and does not get destroyed due to rainwater. Gutters are considered as the main element of roofing systems, therefore once installed helps you cut down the cost of unnecessary repairs.
Before installing gutters or understanding the need to install them or leaving your house as it is, it’s essential to understand the main purpose of these rain gutters and why they are important. The primary motive of the gutter is to collect rainwater or water from melting snow running down your roof. Then the collected water is directed away from your house.
Gutters help keep your foundation strong and protected from rain. They also keep your exterior and siding safe from being damaged due to water. Gutters are very essential specifically for newly built houses in order to protect them from getting damaged due to rain, hence holding onto its beauty.
Below given are top three reasons as to why installing gutters in your new house is a must :
Ceases the entry of pests in your home :
- Installing gutters in your home is very important as they collect the rain water and direct it away from your home which prevents water standing at one place. Pooled water attracts pests and insects into your home.
- Presence of insects is very harmful for your and your loved ones well-being. Some of the common insects to be found around stagnant water include mosquitoes, flies, gnats, etc and this water acts as a breeding ground for these insects.
- But when rainwater is directed away from your foundation or siding it eliminates the chances of pests entering your home.
It protects your siding from getting damaged :
- No matter whatever type of siding you install on the exterior of your home it is at high risk of getting damaged by water and various other elements if there’s absence of gutter on your roof.
- Gutters keep rainwater and melting snow water away from your home which safeguards all the external components of your house including both siding and foundation.
- The collected water is directed into downspouts or drains where they are recycled and reused. If you do not install proper gutters around your house then your siding and foundation will get destroyed after some time due to exposure to excessive moisture.
Controls the growth of mold :
- Mold usually grows in places where moisture content is high and lacks proper ventilation. Without installation of gutters the water keeps on collecting and damages the foundation causing leakages in the basement of your house. This water then can lead to cracks in the walls and substitutes to be the perfect environment for mold growth.
- Gutters can help reduce the amount of moisture getting into your home thereby collecting water and directing it away from your home.